anyone elses baby sleep in living room night and day?

We only have one heater and it is downstairs thus our 8 month old ds sleeps downstairs. It is not easy to say the least. Our floors creek and when he is sleeping restless then I have to be quiet. He can sleep to the radio and the tv on btw so it's not like we keep in noise free. It just seems to be the little things. If I go upstairs to go pee but see that my son is stiring awake I stay on the stairs until he is asleep again and same goes with night time. It doesn't happen every day or night thankfully but when it occurs, it's frustrating just sitting there on the stairs. I don't want to be kept up at night so that is why I am careful at night. I sleep downstairs with ds because I don't feel comfortable being all the way upstairs. I know I bring that part on myself...
I am not asking for advice really just wondering who is in this situation. I won't be upset with advice, just saying that I'm not asking is all kwim?

Our windows are not sealed very well so maybe we could do something about that....but until then ds stays downstairs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my 6 month old was a newborn she and I slept in the living room. Me on the couch and she in a baby seat on the floor. That way when she woke in the night for a middle of the night feeding, I was right there. I could put her on the breast and then put her back in the seat when she was done. It was the perfect way to co sleep without worrying about rolling over onto her.

Hang in there with the heating and the keeping baby asleep at night situations.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Right now he does not want to sleep because he saw me. He is so sleepy.....
    This is daytime btw.

Anyhow,I can't even talk on the phone when he is sleeping and I can't even start dishes until he is awake. I have to already be doing them as he falls asleep...

Once I was on the phone at the top of the stairs and talking as quietly as I could and he heard me and was up(wayyy early from his nap).
    I am not upset with ds btw--just our living conditions. We will be moving in less than a year thankfully into apartments that have heater in each room and they are not upstairs apartments. I am looking foward to that.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would like to be able to have conversations on the phone. When he is awake I need to work on things around here...and I take time to play with ds(because I want to not because I feel I have to). When he is asleep then I can't because I wake him up from talking....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I soooo need to move!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Mommies gotta do what they gotta do!! Its the little things that you sacrifice like this, to keep your children happy (: Good luck! I couldnt sleep on the opposite floor as my child so I totally understand!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 6:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Thank you....it would not help to sleep upstairs because I would be up and down the stairs ALL NIGHT LONG.

It is a sacrfice but worth it...
    I have been told to be really noisy anyhow but ds wouldn't get much sleep. I do what is comfortable for my son:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My kids were such light sleepers too, what really worked for me as far as drowning out the noise, is run a box fan. It drowns out a lot of noise! Even if it's a small one! It's also soothing.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• All my kids are light sleepers. I cannot take them out of the car without them being awake. Right now, since my 9 month old is accustom to sleep throughout the night, she sleeps in the living room. My son sleeps in his room. Both of them gets up early as well. It is frusterating because with my son, once he gets up, nothing can get him to go to sleep. It takes him and his sister forever to go to sleep with someone in their room at night. You are not alone with this situation.
    FoxyLove

Answer by FoxyLove at 11:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010