I'm wondering...

I've always been into piercings and tats since I was about 18 and could get them, well I have a 21mo old, while I was pregnant with her, I have none of these piercings, so I'm wondering now, if these wwill become a prob, and want to know anyone else out there in my shoes?
I've just found out, don't even know if I'll carry full, cos the ultrasound showed no baby yet, [too early? or ectopic] but I have my 'clit hood' and nipples pierced.
No disrespectful answers please, we're all adults, and everyone has their 'likes and ticks'.

Thanks!

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dated a body piercer and worked at his shop for 10 years and will tell you that you wont have problems with either piercing, although for labor you will have to remove the clit ring. most women i knew said that the longer you had your nipples pierced, the less they would leak through the piercing holes. all the women i know who have their nipples pierced kept them in during breastfeeding, just keep them clean. good luck, im sure you will be fine
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have not had piercings in those areas...but I can tell you from being pregnant...they WILL be a problem at some point.

You nipples will leak...be engorged, hurt, etc....

You clit piercing will most likely be a problem during delivery when all that are is stretched out and pulled in different directions....but your Dr has likely encountered this before and will be able to better tell you what to do and what issue they might cause...
    Anonymous

• thank you anonymous, i actually had a csection birth for my first and am not trying vbac, but they may make me take it out at some point incase of complications! thanks . :]
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• yes...the complications issue...the Dr's always like to be prepared in case you need emergency anything....that makes sense too....Good luck :) so they would want them out for that reason if no other...
    Anonymous

• i think ill end up taking the nipple rings out anyway, that seem like that'd be a painful concept , especially if i choose not to breast feed. :x haha. thanks again. :]
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• thank u , dez1379! :]
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010