Christmas dinner in two days at my Aunts... I was asked to bring a "snack" & then a dish/dessert... I know there are so many options.. what is super easy?

I simply cannot decide. I can bring anything. I really need something thats not time consuming & not required to do a bunch of stuff to it. I have 3 children, super pregnant, and hubby will be working.. so i need super easy ideas!!

What would you make?

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 6:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• Im making a cheese ball the prep time/Ready In only takes about 15 minutes!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Brownies for dessert (easy from a box mix) and for the snack I would get nacho chips & salsa dip, or potato chips & onion dip (maybe both if you want).
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• You can bake some holiday refrigerator cookies Pillsbury has in the refrigerator case. A pie is also an option since all you do is take a premade crust which also Pillsbury puts out in the refrigerator case and add a filling whether it be chocolate or fruited which you can buy a canned pie filling like cherry or apple or blueberry, and it really isn't hard to do. Cupcakes are really easy to make too since you can choose any flavor cake mix and any premade flavor frosting you would like. most people like cupcakes since they are easy to make and easy to eat.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• ziti
    coquito
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• what about white trash for snack and then pick up a bunch of already made cookies.Who doesn't like cookies on christmas.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 7:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• yes cookies and I found this on the internet.
    mini crescent dogsall you need is 2 (8 ounce ) cans of pillbury crescent rolls.
    48 cocktail smoked link sausage or hot dogs. directions:
    heat oven to 375 degrees F. unroll both cansof doug; separate into 16 triangles. cut each triangle lenthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
    next place sausage an shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
    last bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. immediately
    remove from cookie sheet. serve warm. good luck
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Tiger Butter...1 package of white chocolate chips and 2 tbs. peanut butter, melt them in the microwave, then spread on foil. Melt 2 hershey bars then marble that into the other mixture...refrigerate...it is the fastest and best tasting treat ever...I have to hide it so that it doesn't get eaten before the guests even arrive...
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would buy a cheesecake and call it a day.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My mom didn't know her way around the kitchen so she always fixed a fruit salad for things like that. She opened a large can of fruit cocktail then added a banana cut up, and apple cut up, an orange peeled and cut up then threw in some nuts and coconut. That's it!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• This is what I am bringing to one of my 4 family gatherings: Search google for recipes
    Snack- cucumber cream cheese dip with crackers
    Dessert- Rolo turtles

Also bringing a relish/ veggie tray with dip to another gathering and also "Rockin Smores Bars" which turn out to be much easier and quicker than I thought they'd be.

I'm a big fan of keeping it simple- good luck and Happy Holidays.
    MommyJal

Answer by MommyJal at 11:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2010