Brand names

Will you buy off brand items?? My Mom is always yelling at me if I buy store brand food saying she never made me eat it when I was little, why am I feeding it to my child? I'm a single mom and I do buy store brand of some things, especially if there is a big price difference and it tastes just as good!

genagina

Asked by genagina at 7:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Shopping

• maybe mama can start paying for the groceries!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I agree with you. Most store brands are just as good and saves money. Granted, there are some that doesn't taste as good, but for the most part, it's fine. Don't worry about what your mom says. If she wants to spend more, let her.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I buy store brand on some things but not others. The penny's add up!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I agree, I buy store brands if it's cheaper and comparable. There are things that don't quite taste the way I would like, so those particular items I'll buy brand name.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would agree with you. For most products the only difference is the price and the label.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 7:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I agree. A few months ago I watched one of those prime time network news shows that basically said that 20 years ago what we called "generic" is now called store brand & that not just the name improved. They said the quality of the store brand is heads & shoulders above the quality back then. There are a few exceptions (Heinz ketchup, Cottonelle toilet paper, etc) but for the most part I'm happy with store brands.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

FeelinYummy