My two year old is acting like a baby again

My two year old went from the terrible twos to wanting to be a baby again. She does nothing on her own anymore and whines about everything. She has always had a bedtime that I upped a little as she got older but n ow she refuses to go to bed and just lays in there and cries. I am going crazy and have no idea what to do. Any advice would be great.

JRHunt18

Asked by JRHunt18 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's normal. It's annoying, I know. Just hang in there and remind her how fun it is being a BIG GIRL instead of a baby! Such as babies can't help mommy around the house, whereas big girls can.

Good luck mom!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• They sometimes do that when they are upset about something but don't have the words to tell you what's bothering them.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My son started doing that and one day at dinner time DH put him in his sisters highchair and latched it. Ds didn't like that, DH told him if your going to act like a baby well then we will treat you like a baby, and babies don't get to sit by themselfs. He stopped after that.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010