When should I move the baby out of our room?

The baby is 10 months old and will have to share a room with our other daughter who is 2 1/2.

Asked by MybabyKisses at 9:11 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• we lived with my DH's parents for a month after our son was born before moving into our house, so naturally he slept in the same room with us then, but once we moved, he slept in his own room, and I just kept the baby monitor on next to our bed. since your baby will be sharing a room with your 2.5 yr old, i'd think that the best time to move him/her in with your oldest is once he/she is sleeping through the night. that's what we'll be doing with our 2nd if we have the children sharing a room.

Answer by retz at 9:17 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I actually moved her to her own room once she grew out of her basinet. I think by six months she was already in her own room sleeping in her crib. It's been 9 years tho, so can't remember exact age.

Answer by amoremio at 9:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• we moved our babies out of our room when we notice that they were sleeping LESS. its becuase they can start to sense your every move and it keeps them we moved them out about 7 weeks or so..about the time i went back to work.

Answer by froghopper at 9:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I moved my boys out at about 1 month. I am the lightest sleeper, and every movement woke me up, I wasn't sleeping AT ALL. When we have the next baby, if it's a boy, they will be sharing a room and they will probably start sharing about 3 months or so.

Answer by richgirljj at 9:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• No answer for you girl... We decided it was time for our baby girl to go to her own crib (instead of the pack and play that was in our room) and we ended up moving her entire crib out fo her room and into ours!!! But i am sure you can feel more comfortable since she will have company in her room. I just didn't want Alya to get lonely =)

Answer by cheyegirl82 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• M shares a room with L. Has been since she moved out of her bassinet. She still wakes up in our room though because of the midnight feedings. I would say now or when she is done feeding at night! You will get better rest!

Answer by binder5 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 19, 2008