Daughter complaining about eyes

My daughter is two and will hold her eye and say momma eye! I thought maybe something got in her eye, but she is doing it pretty often. She will do it with both eyes at random times. Any idea what this could be?

AddyRF

Asked by AddyRF at 7:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe her eye is twitching? Or maybe she has bad vision? I don't know.....I would take her to the doctor for that, just in case.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I was thinking maybe dry eyes because she wil rub them. But I am really worried it could be her vision too
    AddyRF

Comment by AddyRF (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Take her to the doctors if you're worried, my eldest used to do that with her head al the time when she was little and I was very worried, turns out she was just proud of her head... However if she's saying in it in a distressed tone at all I would take her along to the doctors to put your mind at ease. Could it be hayfever? Or perhaps allergies to something else if she's rubbing them? I doubt it's her vision if that comforts you since as that's the only vision she's ever known she wouldn't know the difference and things can't come on that quickly - so I hope that comforts you a little!

I hope everything's okay!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• You should take her to get them checked out, It might be just dry eyes but better to make sure its not her eye sight.
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2010