PLEASE pay attention to your children while at the store

Especially now during this holiday season when it's crowded as hell.
Today while I was there I came across a little girl maybe 7 crying for her mother. I stopped to help her and was taking her to customer service to page her mother when she spotted her mom. Her mother yelled at her from across the store, then took off before the girl could even get back to her. Instead of a thank you I got a dirty look. I saw the little girl still running after her mom as the mother zig zagged through shoppers. While I was there I heard 3 different calls for moms/dads to come get their children from customer service. I was there for only a hour. While I was leaving yet again there was another call and no surprise to me it was the same little girl I helped earlier.
Yes I understand you're in a hurry. If you're in such a hurry then don't bring your kids because as any one with a brain knows children don't understand that they need to fly through the crowds at crowded shopping centers. If you bring your kids take you time and keep them near you and don't turn your back on them because that's all it takes for them to either get lost or be snatched up by some perv.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is scary. My little ones always go in the double stroller when the places we go are super busy. If they are not in a stroller, they are in the cart or holding onto the cart. I am paranoid though. I wish more parents were.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Amen
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Well said. I was at a store one time when a child went missing. The store closed down until she was found. Very scary.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I completely agree. I made my son sit in the cart as I've gone shopping recently. He's 3 and he does like to walk, but it's so hectic right now, that I just won't chance it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• You're absolutely right.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yep.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I agree!!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i agree !!!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would of really put her in place for being so irresponsible!! There's not many good ppl dat just stays wit d kids and try to find their parents for her to not even say thank u ughh!!!
    May787

Answer by May787 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i agree...when my children and i go to the store they are required to be in their "spots" at all time..which is our way of saying hand on the basket one on either side of me at all times. if they get distracted i tell them "u oh where are my spots?" my son had a habit of trying to bolt for it for a while but when he did i would spank his bottom then and there. and o the dirty looks i would get. but i would much rather him have a sore bottom then like you said get snatched up. he learned VERY quickly not to run from me especially in a dangerous atmosphere such as a crowded store. and i would remind them frequently that they needed to be in their "spots" because there was alot of strangers around. and just because they may look nice doesn't mean they are.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2010