Hi, Did anybody face a chalange of relocation with a child, and ex is not letting you do so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not me, but my aunt did. He actually took her to court and forced her to have to stay within the county that he lives in by telling the judge he was worried she'd move so far away he'd never see his daughter. It was put in the court papers that she can't move out of county.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 8:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes, but I was able to get permission from the court. We now share the burdan for transportation. I was lucky though. I already had full custody and was warned by my lawyer that I could lose custody if the jusdge did not agree with me or be forced to take the child back to CA (i'm in AZ) every weekend for visitation. Speak to an attorney
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 8:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• need court approval and if your reasons are good and thought out they will not deny the relocation!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It depends on your state. In my state, I can move without court permission but I have to let my ex know. Then he can fight it but they almost never win unless the move was just to get the child away from the other parent
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• depends if you were married or not. im from ohio, when me and my ex broke up i took my son. we both agreed i could provide for him better. my ex and i were never married. i moved to texas a few months ago. before i moved i spoke with an attorney. he said that since my ex and i were never married i could move whereever i wanted with my son without court approval, or my exs approval. the only way my ex could stop me is if he went and filed for visitation. luckily he didn't.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No, I haven't had that problem, myself.
    shortcake120

Answer by shortcake120 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2010