If Jesus was the son of God in human form, why arent YOu a Goddess in human form?

What makes Jesus any different from you? What if you just forgot who you were and in this life you find out...BING!...Im the daughter of the almighty living God? Would society around you make you doubt YOU being the daughter of God in human form?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 8:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Because we are created BY God not OF God. Jesus was a art of God sent to Earth in Human form. Man was created in another manner all together.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• In Gods eyes we are all the likeness of him, sooo I am a Godess :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Because I'm human. As for the possibilities that go along with conjecture, anything goes..but it doesn't make it real. Also, I am not part of the Trinity. .mere mortal, and quite happy that way. :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• But_Mommie...

what about Gen 1 vrs 26 --->>> Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..(NKJ). That sounds like mankind was made OF GOD...
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

same goes for the story of Jesus himself... Glad you are happy, but how do you know for a fact  that you are mere mortal? Wasnt Jesus when he walked this earth? And didnt he ascend to the same heavens that you wish to go? HOw do you know that you are not apart of the holy trinity?

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Gen. 2:7
    the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being

We were created in his image and he breathed life into us but we were not created from a part of his own being.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Gen. 2:7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being

I always thought of that as the making of mankind, not each soul that dwells within...

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• interesting debate: i'd like to think i'm a goddess of sort :) though i'm christian i can see your point
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Well not all of us believe he was God or literally son of God (I'm a Non Trinitarian myself).

And the Us/Our thing has to do with translations - ask anyone who actually speaks/understands Hebrew. They usually say the original understanding doesn't imply multiple persons. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• IMO our soul comes from him breathing life into us. I see where you are coming from and in a way that makes sense but We are told Jesus descended into Heaven as a whole, body and spirit, where as my body will remain here on Earth. Jesus was a Heavenly being all together.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010