How can I get rid of these canker sores?!

I have multiple canker sores on the inside of my cheek, around my gums and on my tongue. They're driving me crazy! I can hardly talk or eat they hurt so bad. I did some research that said it can take weeks to heal. I'm sure they were caused by stress. Do you have any methods that work for you? It's not really convenient to go to the doctor right now but I'm about ready to.

dmdblleb

Asked by dmdblleb at 8:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Health

• Google "getting rid of canker sores"...there are some products you can get from drugstores that are designed to get rid of canker sores quickly. I get them too...they're a PAIN. One thing that I've found helps is is CankerMelts, made from licorice extract. It's a little tricky to get them to stay, but it helps. Also, one cause of cannker sores is a vitamn B12 deficiency...hope this helps!!
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 9:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Swish salt water in your mouth
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Swirling warm salty water in your mouth, also try yogurt. I'm not sure if you are like me, but I get canker sores from an upset tummy. I asked my step mom who is a nurse and she said that canker sores can be cause from stomach acid and to try something like Mylanta to counter act the acid. I've also put baking soda on mine it helped dry it up. Hope it gets better I feel your pain trust me I've had my share of them and they hurt so bad. GL & GB

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have been :(
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I did read up on why people get them and I'm pretty sure it's stress. I'll be going to the pharmacy tomorrow and getting the stuff you all mentioned. If it's not getting better by Monday I will be at the doctor. Thank you all.
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2010