Will my children suffer for the rest of their lives becuase I didn't breastfeed them?

I tried both times and failed for many reasons. My oldest child got 2 weeks and my youngest got 2 months, but I am getting scared that I ruined their chances at life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't be silly! Of course you haven't ruined anything! Formula feeding gives them absolutely everything they need, they're going to be absolutely fine! Good on you for trying!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• you did breastfeed just not for very long. they'll be fine
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• No they will not suffer. Yes breast is best but you tried it. That doesnt make you a failer. As long as they are eating good now and taken well care of they should be fine
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• OMG NO...They will be fine....I did BF but if you tried and it did not work its just the way it is.Do not beat yourself up you are a good mom for trying! As parents we do the best we can:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• They'll be fine. My son was only breastfed for 3 1/2 months and he's sick for the first time now, at 15 months, and he's beating it quickly. He's been very healthy in his entire life, and at a perfect weight.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• no it`ll be fine.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It seems to me that you did your best, which is all a child could ever need. They got some of your milk, which is great, and as long as you care about them this much for the rest of their lives, they'll be fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Please don't beat yourself up about using fomula. It's not like you were giving them ground glass. It's nutritious and made to simulate breast milk as closely as possible.

My oldest chid only got breastfed for 6 months (the other 2 went for 15 months) and he is amazing. He is literally highly gifted, sweet, kind and healthy. My youngest is also a good kid, but he has epilepsy. So you never know!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Certainly NOT....and don't you let anyone tell you otherwise. Do what's best for YOU and your child.
    FOCOMomma

Answer by FOCOMomma at 9:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• they will be perfectly fine!! my DD only got a month (and it was all pumped and bottle fed) and she is so healthy and smart. i know that right now it feels like you are a huge failure and you've doomed your kids for life, but its just not true! the fact that you are so concerned about them means you care a lot and in the long run thats so much more important than breast milk.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010