Need quick replies -- I need to check-in online tonight. Window or isle seat for flying with 9 month old lap-baby?

i ALWAYS get an isle seat, because I feel like I have way more room and am not boxed in. However, this will be the first time I've flown with my baby. Someone else mentioned the window seat bc you'll have more room (I wasn't aware of that) and he can bang on the window for amusement. What do you think, those of you who have flown with your babies on your lap? (I only purchased one seat - one ticket.)

Jill97

Asked by Jill97 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aisle,so you can get up easier for diaper changes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Window, because you do have a bit more room and don't have to worry about constantly bumping into someone at least on one side. However, draw back is you have to climb across the laps of 2 other people to get up, which you will have to do at least once depending on how long the flight is!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Depends on how long the flight is, I always purchase an aisle seat because it's easier to get up and move around when your baby needs something.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• aisle
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have done this with a baby many times! Ages 6 weeks to 2.5 years. Window I have found is the easiest. This gives them more flexibility during the flight, they can stand and reach towards the window. it means one side of you where you don't have to worry about your child doing something to someone else.
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 9:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have flown with a 1 year old and it didn't make much difference either way.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would do window, it's not like you are going to have to get up 12 times to change diapers...more than likely you will probably only have to get up once or twice.
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I did window seat when I flew with my baby. He liked looking out the window and I never had to get up. There is a bit more room and seems to be easier to get comfortable with a baby by the window.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2010