when will i get pregnant and when to take test?

hi i got my periods on nov 29 and ended on dec3 ,the nect day i had sex with my husband for 3 weeks and had taken a test which results negative.so when can i take a test?

hempri

Asked by hempri at 9:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well for start this is how your cycle works. You start your period on day 1. If you had a text book cycle you would ovulate on day 14 on day 28 you would take a test and either be pregnant or start your period. Once you start your period you are back on day 1. There are several ways to track when your most fertile days are. Temps, cervical mucous and ovulation predictor kits.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• thank you so much.so i as i said my last day of perios is dec 3 and had sex 3weeks and today i took test is that early to take test?
    hempri

Comment by hempri (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• You test after your missed period =) So, the beginning of January.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• thank you so much.i see some symptoms life my nipples are sharp and once i fainted so i felt i am pregnant so am i in very early stages of pregnancy?
    hempri

Comment by hempri (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Yes it's too early to test. Assuming you have a standard 28-30 day cycle, test in the beginning of January. It's best to test when you are a week late.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 9:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• thanks a lot u gave me relief.i was tensed after seeing negttive.i will take test as u suggested.
    hempri

Comment by hempri (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Like PP said I'd wait until the end of December/ beginning of January.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 10:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• it's better to have sex every other day to give sperm a chance of building up in his system
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• my husbands job is travelling so he stays with me 3days so will that also work?
    hempri

Comment by hempri (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Normally you will ovulate two weeks after the first day of your last period, you have about 72 hours to get the job done. Two weeks after that if you haven't started yet then take a test. Good luck.
    moduinne

Answer by moduinne at 10:40 AM on Dec. 24, 2010