Can I have an orgasim

I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma at 5 weeks pregnant. Was put on pelvic rest and restricted activity. Now I am 8 weeks, bleeding has stopped and I am wondering if it's ok to orgasim with out actually having intercourse....not sure if that's included in pelvic rest. I go back to the doc on Wed, but I'm going crazy :) What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would think that you could as long as you were not vigerous about getting it. have you checked out webmd or something like that?
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No. Orgasm triggers small contractions and the release of oxytocin (sp?). I was on pelvic rest as well and I was really sad to hear that news. It's not only the intercourse that is dangerous, but the contractions from orgasm as well.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 9:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• pelvic restriction means NOTHING sexual except something like you giving hubby head for his benefit.

like said above orgasms release ocytocin which can cause contractions.
    Anonymous

• I agree with "SamanthaAgain"............don't try to orgasm b/c it will trigger..........
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I am sure you're dr would say no.

I agree with the 2 previous posters as well
    Anonymous

• Definitely ask your doctor first. I can understand being "frustrated," but is it worth risking your pregnancy?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2008