WHEN TEACHING YOUR KIDS RIGHT FROM WRONG DO YOU USE THE SAME METHJODS AND SKILLS AS YOUR PARENTS?F YES WHY?

19angie74

Asked by 19angie74 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• nope because violence and anger only lead to violent and angry children
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• OMG no! My parents beat us and verbally assaulted us as we were growing up, I respect and love my children.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I do to a certain extent. But, it was just my mom and I, and she has been Epileptic since she was 9 years old, so pretty much my whole life, our roles were reversed, and I was the one taking care of her. I never really learned much of discipline, or anything like that, cause I was always too busy taking care of her to get into any trouble. I've taught my kids literally on trial and error, and learning what does and doesn't work. But, I agree with what 4 28 bbboy said about not using violence and anger.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I may subconsciously stem from the methods that my parents used. However, I tend to use the best methods that work for my family. Whether it is exactly or not of what my parents used. I don't always realize "Oh that's how they did it" .. I just go with whatever works.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• WHY DO YOU WRITE LIKE THIS AND ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS ALL IN A ROW? YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE YELLING AND IT JUST LOOKS STUPID. STOP!
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• No. I would never tell them the police man will arrest them if they aren't good! :o/
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2010