HOW MANY PARENTS BELIEVE THAT CANDY AND SODA ARE NOT GOOD FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 TO HAVE

19angie74

Asked by 19angie74 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know that I really think that they are bad but they are unnecessary.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Well, as far as I know, schools uses the candy as part of their reward systems. However, caffeine and sugar can make already hyper kids more hyper. It is because of this that I do not believe that candy and soda are not good for children under 13 to have. Even when the soda is caffeine free, there's the sugar that compensates it.
    FoxyLove

Answer by FoxyLove at 10:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think they are on the unhealthy list...and should be put in the "sometimes" food group.

But I dont believe in denying my kids a bit of these unnecessary pleasures from time to time :)

Anonymous

• Candy and soda are not good for anyone, under 13 or over 13. with that said, sometimes it's hard to resist. Moderation is the key.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• They aren't healthy for anyone to have all the time but I have no issue with children having said items as treats.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Candy and soda are ok in moderation. My daughter get to indulge in a lollipop a couple of days per week.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• They're not GREAT, but we let DS have candy every great once in awhile. I'm sure when he gets older, he'll have soda here and there. He's only 2 now. I don't drink soda, except at the movies, which I go to maybe once a year (since DH always falls asleep during movies), but DH drinks it all day, so I am trying to get him to stop. I don't want that to be normal to our son.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Soda isn't good for anyone of any age to have. It is packed full of artifical ingredients, a super high content of sugar, and not to mention the caffine (in the ones that are caffinated). There's absolutely nothing good about soda.

As far as candy goes.. In moderation it's fine for everyone except diabetics.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Are they the best or first choice? NO Will I let my kids have it in moderateion? YES Are my kids healty and at a good weight? YES
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• First, it is a MYTH that sugar makes a kid hyper..even already hyper kids. It's a self fulfiling prophecy. Second, it may not be the best choice but any food in moderation is ok for any child..baring medical conditions that don't allow the food.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2010