Does anyone know the actual Birthday of Jesus.?

I know of course it is celebrated Dec 25th, but I wonder what the actual birth date is.

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are different beliefs, I think, ranging from September to spring time sometime. To be honest its THAT he was born that matters to me, rather then exactly WHEN. ;)

Most definitely!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:49 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Here is the article I was looking for! LINK  It is very interresting.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Luke 2,8:says "That night some shepherds were in the fields outside the village guarding their flocks of sheep"... During winter nights sheep were normally held in stables. They were only left in the fields during warmer spring or summer nights. so i guess sometime in spring

mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Go watch the documentary, The Star of Bethlehem. Using Scripture and astronomy software they were able to place Christ's birth around September-October (Can't get any more specific than that, since prenatal dating isn't an exact science). They were also able to figure out that Christ died on April 3, 33 AD and roughly 3:00pm ... VERY compelling EMPIRICAL data that has received praise from even NASA.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• btw .... I have the youtube version on my journals section. But if you can rent it or buy it, then do that. The youtube version does have very great lighting.

-Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I answered a similar question a few weeks ago...I'm going to be lazy and just copy and paste it for you below ;-) Most scholars seem to think it was sometime within that range, but no one knows for sure.

------------

No one really knows for sure, but people have made various educated guesses based on archaeology and the Bible.

Based on archaeology, assimilation of pagan traditions into Christian tradition, and the Bible, I would guess that it was not actually on December 25th, and also likely that it was not even in the winter because the shepherds were out. I don't think I can guess a specific date, but I think it's within a certain time frame. Most likely it was sometime between March and October during the years of 3-7 BCE/BC.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Sometime in between Sept and Oct.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't know, but my birthday is at the end of September and I like to think I may have been born on his birthday, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:49 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I dont think that we will never know the actual date of the christ child birth.watch the discovery chanelle on christmas eve they will be talking abot that
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 2:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• No one knows. That's why it was so easy to tack it onto the birthdate of Mithra/s on Dec. 25th. Prior to that the RCC had it sometime in November.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2010