who is right?

my dh thinks that hes always right and i m the one who say, do, think things wrong whenever we have a disagrement.how do u deal w/ so like that?

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• If he's anything like my dad...you just learn to live with it. My parents have been married 30 yrs. He's never changed.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Smack him! LOL Dh can be like that. I just try to get him to understand my perspective. It's frustrating, because he's better at arguing than I am. Or if it's something where he thinks he's right, and you're being hurt by it, tell him so. "It hurts me that you think it's okay to blah blah blah."
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Let him believe whatever he wants. If he's not actually right then you know better. If he is, well don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he's right. Haha
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• hmmmm........thats a tough question to answer without knowing a lot about whats going on in your relationship...is this something that has been going on for a long time? has he always been this way?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Well, no one is actually right. It takes two to tango. No offense to either of you. You simply tell him things like, "you are entitled to your opinion", "I understand you feel this way", and my favorite, "I'm sorry you feel that way" These things aren't argumenative and you aren't backing down or admitting fault either. Don't engage in an argument, you'll end up frustrated and chasing your own tail. You can't control how others think, act and feel. Only what you do. He'll come around.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• op: jazzlikemraz
    i like ur way of doing it lool
    Imane1215

Comment by Imane1215 (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Just say "Yes Dear" and walk off. You can't change his mind

Answer by admckenzie at 11:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It is a problem though because it's disrespectful to YOU. For a while, I would present proof to my husband that he was WRONG. After a few times, that shut him up.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• When you figure that out let me know, because my husband is the same way he is never wrong and its never his fault.
    moduinne

Answer by moduinne at 8:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Oh another one that puts your feelings out there without arguing is, "when you_______________, I feel_________________."
    You can't argue with someones feelings. They are yours. I know it sounds standard, but it has helped me in so many situations if I can calm down and think before I speak.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 24, 2010