A Gift idea, What do you think?

I'd love for some help here! What do you think? DH lost his job & our insurance almost 2 years ago.. I'm battling Triple Negative breast cancer. After 3 chemos I can't use my hands or fingers to much good. May never regain it in them or feet or toes Etc.. Life for me is going without & pure pain., These endless toothaches & migraines Etc. Pure pain!! After my radiologist apt. I come home & my cat is Dead! My 1st "Munchkin" Kitten. Born on the day a friend Died! On 4/15/99. I'm beside myself with grief, pain and being overwhelmed! DH's family expects gifts.. DH's last UEC check was earlier this month! We can't make needful bills, checking overdrawn.. I've collected Nice, New gifts.. After Chemo and after the hospital. What about me taking these nice Gifts. All in a tote & letting each person pick their own? Ages 19-79! Pick your own gifts. New, unwrapped. Since I can't wrap, tape and do more then what I have! Acceptable? Would you like to be able to chose your own gift? Is this a good idea? I personally want to stay home alone. Grieve and be ill. But don't want to jip anyone. The nieces and nephews ages 19-29. Your kind input is greatly appreciated! Thank you! Merry Christmas!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Given your situation I would just get everyone the same thing. A nice tin of cookies or popcorn with a nice note. They are all adults they should understand. Letting them pick sounds good in theory but then how do you decide who picks in what order?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• excellent idea , do it , and do whats best for you , i pray for peace for you.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Wow, I feel so bad for you hun. That is waaaay too much to go through. I dont think you should have to do any of it. Leave it up to your dh to handle or someone else. But if you have to the only problem I see is that the last few people might end up with something they really dont like but oh well they should understand that you did the best you could under the circumstances. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!!!
    Triscuit

Answer by Triscuit at 11:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Wow, if the family doesn't understand your situation, then shame on them. They obviously don't know what the real meaning of Christmas is. How sad for them. Do what is best for you.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 11:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think that if that is what you can do, then it is perfect. Family should understand what you are going through and they should be thankful just to have you there, regardless of gifts. I think you're a good person for just getting up and going let alone for bringing them gifts too. I hope that your family appreciates your thoughtfulness. Merry Christmas :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• OH honey, My thoughts and prayers are with you and you husband. I think that is an AWESOME idea. If you dont feel like doing that you dont have to Im sure everyone understand! Good Luck to you and Merry Christmas
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Hon, I would think they would just be happy to be with you on the holiday. Don't fret.

My son wanted me to tell you that he hopes you have a happy holiday and get everything you want. He's sending you virtual hugs because because real ones might hurt you.

hugs

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• first of all do they not understand that u haven't the means to take care of your needs much less buy or give them gifts?are they that greedy and uncaring? no do not give what was given to u they need to be coming to your home and doing for you you are the one that is fragile and fighting to stay alive Christmas is not about getting gifts it is about love and the greatest love of all was the love god shared when he gave his son! why cant people just love without expecting or wanting something in return ?

give the family your love and tell them that at this time that is all you and your husband can afford and ask them to understand
    WVgrandma

Answer by WVgrandma at 5:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I think you should do whatever you want to do. How dare they expect anything at all, especially the circumstances you're in. I think you're being extremely generous! I hope you have a blessed Christmas.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 24, 2010