pregnant and cant get full

no matter how much i eat its like i cant get full. i have ate & ate & ate today and like 30 min after i eat im starving again. does anyone know if this is normal ?

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Normal but try drinking more water as well. It will help to fill you up instead of eating empty calories.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• It can be. Hence, the major weight gain! Make sure your calories count. Lots of lean proteins, veggies, and high fiber foods, whole grains, etc. These will keep you feeling full longer, too. Sugary foods can make you hungry soon after eating them.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• lol It can be very normal. Just be careful what you are putting in! The baby doesn't take up as many calories as we are leasad to believe 'eating for two' is a crock! :0) Fruits, veggies, popcorn, crackers with a little PB... Protein and fiber will make you feel full longer.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I was like that with my first pregnancy. It was a pain but I kept my favorite food on hand yummy green beans. I could eat the fresh ones or from a canned hot or cold and of course I had my fruits. The best thing to do is to make sure you have healthy things around for those times you have to over snack in between meals.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I did the same thing...just be careful because I gained 75 lbs.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• It can be. I was like that with my first. The key is to make healthy choices. As long as you're genuinely hungry every time you eat, though, that's your body's way of telling you that you need to eat. So don't deprive yourself, just make sure the calories count, like musicpisces said.

And just FYI, I only gained 30 lbs eating like that with my first. I attribute it to actually being hungry every time I ate. So it doesn't have to mean a lot of poundage. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• thank you all .. but my problem is im a very picky eater so i only like a few things lol. I hate all veggies except for potatoes and the only fruit i like is tangerines. Im a really big meat eater .. its about the only thing i eat. i wish i would start craving something healthy lol .. im so afraid of getting fat because i've always been really small and have had a few eating problems but i just cant help to eat now! when im hungry it feels like im about to starve to death lol! im really gonna try some of the things you guys have said though! thanks to all of you :)
    mommy2be0611

Comment by mommy2be0611 (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2010