salvation

do you think you can loose your salvation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• no. Not if you really had it to begin with
    Anonymous

• no. nothing I have read in the bible says that you can. it only talks about getting your salvation and such, but not about losing it.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yes, you can.

Hebrews 10:26-29 26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• We sometimes forget the seriousness of sin. Sin requires a blood atonement, and when we call ourselves Christians without obeying Christ we trample His sacrifice underfoot and count His blood and the covenant an unholy thing. It's like dragging our loving Savior through the crucifixion all over again. Study the old sacrificial system and you'll probably get an idea of the seriousness of sin. Blood is required for each and every sin. His blood.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I think that you could be a great person, but something can happen that you just flip flop. So I guess you can.
    Anonymous

• There is a difference between redemption and salvation. ALL have been redeemed--it is when you accept that gift that it becomes your salvation. And like any gift, you can give it back at any time. There are verses in the bible that refer to that..... Such are enduring to the end:-) The Once Saved Always Saved doctrine is hooey. I have seen people claim to be "saved" and then live as they want with the idea they can because "they are saved". So, yes you can, but it isn't like it is going to sneak up on you and surprise you. It does matter how you live and the choices you make.

Anonymous

• I don't believe you can lose your salvation, if you have truly been saved. When you are saved, the Holy Spirit dwells in you, and you become a new person. If you just said the words and didn't mean it (when you asked Jesus to save you) then you weren't saved to begin with. If you are still doing the same sinfull things, and thinking the same evil thoughts as before... the Holy Spirit is not dwelling in you; because you would be convicted of those sins and would turn away from them.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I believe u can walk away from it. I had said the prayer and truly meant it. I was also very hurt and wounded and walked away and began practicing another religion. I did eventually come back and renew my relationship with God. But if a person walks away then yes, I think u can lose ur salvation.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If you check out the NEW testament, which is where everyone should put the most importance on...it tells of denying publicly, not just using his name in vane but willfully denying him, that would be unforgiveable. I'm sorry that I can't tell you the exact book. Get a bible with red ink for jesus, it'll make it easier. By the way i have unfortunately done this, so take me seriously when i tell you this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with Lexylex because it is in the word.Hebrews 10:26-29 but then again you also have to ask yourself this question can I loose what I never had? may God bless you love you in CHrist
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2008