Potty Training.

Please dont bash!!
I have a 3 yr old daughter who is STILL not potty training any tips or ideas to get her moving? She has no interest and i feel like ive tried everything!! I'm not a lazy mom!

VERONICAS_MOM

Asked by VERONICAS_MOM at 11:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I felt the same way with my son. Last August I thought that I will never get him to use the restroom. I tried the smaller potty, treats, routines, no underwear, training diapers, books, videos, and even a toilet cover (I thought he was scared that he would be in the toilet because he has a small butt.) The best course of action: allow her to be ready. If I were you, I'd buy underpants as a reward to show her what she can wear if only she was a big girl and used the restroom. Allow her to see what you do in the restroom. Other than that, just encourage her off and on until she is ready. She'll let you know she is interested. Children learn by examples.
    FoxyLove

Answer by FoxyLove at 12:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• DD and i are home alone all day so i have never had a choice of not letting her fallow me in the bathroom lol
    VERONICAS_MOM

Comment by VERONICAS_MOM (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Ask your doctor if it could be a developmental problem. Otherwise, give her time. She'll go when she's ready. Some are just ready before others. Rushing her will just scare her. Tell her you love her, and reinforce this as often as possible. Definitely let her pick out some panties she wants to wear when she is ready. (Pick them out now so she has the motivator.)

GOOD LUCK!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 6:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2010