How can I make my daughter?

My ex has told my 8 year old daughter that i want nothing to do with her because of the new baby. Now she doesn't want to see me. I have tried calling him while she has been with him for her vacation, and now doesn't want to come home. I love all my kids and ive explained that the baby needs me more because he's so little. I cant believe he would say that to her. I'm also getting married on new years eve and she doesnt want to be a part of the weddding. I'm just so pissed at him. BTW I got info from both sets of grandparents.

jennmargaret

Asked by jennmargaret at 11:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Men can be idiots. He's just jealous. She has to come home. When she does just talk with her

Answer by admckenzie at 11:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Follow the custody agreement. At 8, it's not up to her. She needs time to adjust.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• What he doesn't understand is that his selfishness is hurting HER. The fact that it hurts you is what he is after, but he is ultimately hurting his own daughter. He should be ashamed of himself.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• i hate men like that!! im sorry youre daughter feels that way..but she will come home..and one day she will know what kinda guy he really is
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• You need to show your daughter that he is wrong about you. Even if you have the baby that needs a great deal of your attention, she is still your child and needs to feel as important as the baby you are caring for.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I think ex isn't over you and he's trying to pit her against you. He is trying to wreck your new relationship.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Btw. When she comes home, point out to her if and when dear ole dad has lied in the past which sounds like he is capable of.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:14 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• He is just jealous.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• maybe when she comes home have your SO watch the baby take a few hours to spend some time with her tell her how much you enjoy her and love her. Go out to lunch and maybe a movie. When you get back to the house have her 'help" you with the baby because she is the "big" sister. plan to include her in the wedding have a family ceremony (we did that) we just basically made a promise to each of the kids that we would be their friend and that we would be there for them....the kids never had to say a thing just listen to our promise to them.
    The EX sounds like a real asshole....you should never !!! mess with your kids head like that!!! that pisses me off !!!!
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Just show her with actions that he was wrong. Telling her bad things about him (even true ones) will backfire.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 11:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2010