What does everyone think about the Happy Meal law suit?

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the stupid bitch is blaming McDonalds because she is incapable of telling her kid(s) no. Do you know what would happen if I never said no to my son??? I begged to go to McDonalds after seeing the commercials on TV too...wanna know what my parents did? THEY SAID NO!!!! I like how people can sue for their lack of parenting abilities...is she trying to tell the world that she isn't capable of raising her offspring and that the government needs to take them away so that they can go to parents that can teach them that they don't always get what they want...PLUS, if you think this is so horrible, why are you taking your kids there so that they even know that they can ask to go there?? My son doesn't ever ask to go there because we only go there as a special treat. I think it is wrong that she is trying to rob the rest of the word of a 50 cent toy because she is a lazy, irresponsible, greedy bitch.

ALSO, you know for a fact that they will still charge the same prices for the meals, but we won't get a toy anymore...GREAT...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• People will do ANYTHING for a quick few bucks and some attention...look at reality TV. As ridiculous as this is, as long as the economy remains obliterated, expect more of this BS-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:29 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Who drove her to McDonald's? Who paid for the food?  WHO TWISTED HER ARM and MADE HER GO THERE TO EAT? 

I completely agree, this is absurd!!!  

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• well, she sees dollar signs. It's absurd and just sad.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• they better get rid of the easybake oven, i think that made me fat! lmfao! and kitchen's in general.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• wow! thats crazy as hell! what would even make you think to sue over something like that. well hell i like my burger plain and since they dont make them plain im gonna sue .. HA!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think it's ridiculous and sickening. Ugh. Funny, I've always been able to control myself and my child around McDonald's. Too bad. I should have fed it to him, then tried to sue them because I was a bad parent.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:42 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Also an employee of McDonalds is suing because he gained too much wait working there!!! WTF! People will sue for damn near anything now and we the tax payers end up paying for it in the end!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I thought you could get apples slices instead of fries. A small burger is about 300 calories, with the apples and milk, that's about four hundred calories..Still a big toddler meal and full of things that would make you shudder, but it's not the end of the world for a once in a while treat.

If we go out to eat, we share a large order of fries as a family. The five of us never finish an order. Every chain has a vegetable/fruit option available instead of fries. I don't understand this at all...

Parents need to grow a backbone. I hope they make her pay all the court costs.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Exactly, goodwitch. "We know better than you parents what is best for you kids." Okay, that's not an exact quote, but something similar was said that really spun my head. They will use 'parents' like this woman' to force all of us down a path that most of us don't need to travel.

Just an aside -- my DD thought and my DS still thinks that Chuck E. Cheese is open only for birthday parties. Why? Because that's the only reason we ever go there, and I've never told them differently. My DD is old enough to have figured it out, but I've told her not to tell her brother. I'm the parent -- I decide what info my young child needs, and I decide where he or she gets to go, and I decided what he or she eats.

We really lost something when parents were told to "be their child's friend". Some parents took it too far and forgot how to be their child's parent.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I agree with you! It's just unbelievable.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 9:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2010