anyone still breastfeeding of giving their two year old breast milk?

just kinda wondering how its working out for you? if you have any problems or comments? I'm not sure when i want to stop breast feeding or if i just want to pump and give it that way...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not, but I plan to with my next one. I stopped at 18 1/2 months, because I felt it was time, but now, I wish I had continued. I would probably keep giving it from the source, because part of it for the child is the experience of it, and the bonding time with Mom. You'll stop when you guys are ready. You don't have to rush. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I had planned to but he stopped a bit earlier than I had planned. Go as long as the baby wants it if that is what you are comfortable with. There is no set in stone weaning age as every kid differs.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I think one is a good age to stop breastfeeding but i would still pump until 2 or 3.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• There are a lot of extended breast feeders. You can meet them in the breastfeeding groups.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I breast feed my daughter till she was 2.5 and weaned her when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. Baby number two got it for 18 mnths until number three came. Baby 9 only got it for 9 months and I've always regretted stopping so early.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 12:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• 9 kids wow. I know off topic lol.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Pumping is also a hassle I only did so because i went back to work but once he self weened i stopped pumping as well. I feel guilty for that because i could of given him breastmilk for longer had I pumped for a few extra months but i hate i mean absolutely hate pumping. I do like breastfeeding itself though.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• don't you think it's too much? toddler should eat solid food and drink regular milk. you should breastfeed babies for about a year,no longer than that,i think.
    crouse3

Answer by crouse3 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I am currently breastfeeding my 27 month old and my 13 month old. I haven't had any problems (other than an infection and clogged ducts when I didn't wear a bra one night). My 2 year old nurses maybe once a day, when she asks. She is currently sick and is asking about twice a day, but when healthy will sometimes not even ask. My 13 month old is still going strong!!!

Pumping has always decreased my supply very quickly! I won't even bother pumping anymore.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

Sooo. Human milk MADE for human offspring isn't "regular." It is interesting that you think milk made for baby COWS is "regular."

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:07 AM on Dec. 24, 2010