Cleaning the stove top and burners?

What do you recommend as the fastest, most efficient, but best way to clean the top of
the range and the burners?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 12:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• lemon or tomato juice. Spray it on and let it sit for about 10 min. The acid eats away the grime and buildup that stoves get then for any of the areas that might need a little extra help sprinkle some baking soda on it while the lemon or tomato juice is soaking. It will then work as a scrubber if you need it.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 2:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I clean mine while I'm cooking so that they don't get too grungy, but when something boils over or whatever, I just spray the burners & plates with white vinegar and wipe them clean. White vinegar is a natural degreaser.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Do it by hand with Dawn. That way, there is no doubt that it is clean or dirty. Its faster than having some chemical foaming, then wiping it off and realizing it doesn't work.
    FoxyLove

Answer by FoxyLove at 12:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We have a gas stove. I pull of the metal "holder" things, put two from one side in the sink at a time and squirt them with Lysol Kitchen cleaner. While that soaks I spray down that side of the stove with the Lysol and wipe it down, then rinse the holders with hot water put them back on the stove and repeat for the other side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My sister has a gas stove and just throws hers in the dishwasher once a week or whenever they get dirty. I wipe off around mine when I'm done cooking. You can use oven cleaner but the fumes suck. You can use dish soap and scratchy pads and scrub and scrub. I bought new ones but they look like crap already.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Just wipe the top off every time you cook - when you're done washing the dishes, just wipe them off. If you do that it stays pretty clean. The drip pans is the thing I have to problems with. Wish I had a flat top stove!
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Honestly..threw them out and buy new ones.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 12:20 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Steel wool works for the metal dripping pans. Other wise I just use liquid detergent on a green scrubby sponge.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010