wondering about miscarriage

i was just wondering how you knew you had a miscarriage. did you have any signs like cramping or spotting? how far along were you? please help me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• generally the first symptoms are spotting and cramps.
    Anonymous

• My period was only a week late, and I didn't even know I was pregnant yet. So if there were any early symptoms then i didn't notice them. All I remember was that it was like the worst period of my life. I was bleeding like crazy and really bad cramps.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 9:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• THE FIRST TIME I ACTUALLY KNEW I WAS GOING 2 MISCARRY AHEAD OF TIME MY DOC DID A SONOGRAN AROUND 7 WEEKS AND THERE WAS NON HEARTBEAT SO I MISCARRIED A COUPLE OF WEEKS LATER I NVR CRAMPED BUT THERE WAS LIKE A BIG BLOOD CLOT AND THEN IT WAS JST LIKE A PERIOD AND THE 2ND MC I HAD I STARTED BLEADING AT 5 WEEKS I HAD JST FND OUT I WAS PREG AND THERE WASNT MANY CLOTS AND I DNDNT CRAMP THAT TIME EITHER IT WAS BASICALLY LIKE A PERIOD, BUT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT SOME PPL CRAMP REALLY BAD BUT I NVR DID
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i had pains that would come and go then a few days later i seen blood i was bleeding like i was having my period
    Anonymous

• I had started spotting at 4 weeks, and went to the ER room where they did an ultrasound, and found the empty sac, w/ no heartbeat..........My cervix was already showing signs of opening, so the dr. told me it would come out on it's own........Sure enough, that very night, I was actually having contractions as my cervix opened and expelled it...........I was in very bad pain for about 4 hours, and had heavy bleeding for about 5 days........
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Have your doctor check you because, depending upon how far along you are, you may need treatment to make sure everything is cleaned out okay if you have miscarried. I had one at 12 weeks and had to have this procedure done (it was many years ago and they may have better methods now though). I cramped a lot and then bled a lot.
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 12:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2008