If it weren't for...

the Salvation Army my boys wouldn't have much of a Christmas.
  We are pretty broke this year so I bought my boys a few used things for Christmas so they would have something. I never buy used items for anyone for Christmas except at Gamestop, but I had no chose this year. I joined www.swap.com and got some movies.
  I was only expecting one or two items from the Salvation Army, but they each got around 8 items plus we got a small box of food. It was the first time I had them put on the Angel Tree. I would of been glad just to get one or two each for them and I think they would of been okay with that too.
  I was wondering if I should send the Salvation Army a thank-you card? I know the items were donated from people in the area but I'm just so thankful the boys got gifts and since we don't know the donors names we can't thank them. I know that Christmas is more than just getting gifts but it is part of Christmas and to watch them open them Christmas morning and see how happy they are is priceless.

horsesteelers

Asked by horsesteelers at 12:16 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• I think that would be very sweet of you to thank them for their efforts to help every family have a little something for Christmas. I am so very glad they were able to help you this season and I hope that your holidays are filled with joy and happiness! Merry Christmas!
    FOCOMomma

Answer by FOCOMomma at 12:20 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My friend nominated my family last year for her job to help. Every year they pick one family and she convinced them that it would be wonderful to help a family that she knew. A few of my friends asked us to be home at a certain time christmas eve so they could stop by and sing to us while carroling. At first my feeling were hurt that I wasn't invited but when they came to the door they all had wrapped gifts to surprise us with. It brought me to tears. My children have never had that many gifts before. It's now a tradition for our family that no matter how little we have we make sure to buy another child gifts also.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 12:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Maybe put an anonymous note in the newspaper saying something like "if you donated this holiday season, thank you for making out holiday a bright one. " or something to that effect. Maybe somebody donated to it and will read that and know that people that receive it do actually appreciate it.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I think that is a nice gesture! It shows your appreciation. Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• you rock

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I'm happy that your kids will have lots to open! I think it would be very nice of you to send a thank you card! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:34 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• TY ladies. I think I will after the holidays!

horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Thank you so much for posting this, horsesteelers. I have often wondered who gets the gifts, food, etc. when I donate and whether the folks realize that it is possible because of the donations of other actual people and not just an organization. I like the Salvation Army because their track record of actual percentage of donations that is given goes to the needy and not just into administrative costs. As for your question, I think it would be a wonderful gesture for you to send a note to them. It would mean a lot.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 12:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• To chez
    your welcome
    They go by income so anyone having a hard time can try

horsesteelers

Comment by horsesteelers (original poster) at 1:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• It's a nice thought but, if you really want to thank them...when things get better for you.....remember they or others have the Angel Tree. Pick an extra name in their honor and bring this same feeling your feeling now...to some other Mother and/or Father who may have lost hope for their own Child's Christmas Morning!! Merry Christmas to you and your Children!!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:40 AM on Dec. 24, 2010