How can you cover up your scalp when you have very thinning hair :( ...

Help & Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• theres a beauty place here where I live called raes, but i bet they would have it at like sallys or any type of beauty store. anyway, its just a powder and you buy the color that your hair is and you putthe powder on then it makes your scalp the sameish color you rhair is so your scalp is less noticible. go to a beauty type store and talk to them
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:13 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Well, first of all, is it due to a medical condition or is it unknown cause? If you want to try something between covering it up for an unknown cause, you might want to try getting a squeeze bottle (think empty plastic condiment bottle with the small nozzle) and mix 1 part baking soda with 6 parts water then add 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil. When you go to wash your hair, shake it up and squeeze some onto your scalp and scrub it in well. Let sit during your shower (5 or so mins) then rinse. You may wish to follow up with a 1 part white vinegar to 8 part water solution. Squeeze in, rub in well, rinse. What this does is if your thinning hair is caused by mineral deposits in your follicles, it will help clear it out. Rosemary oil helps stimulate hair growth. I've nixed shampoo and have started cleaning my hair with natural ingredients and it's made a world of difference with my hair. It's worth a try. Hope this helps.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 1:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Ran out of space - You can omit the essential oil if you want. It's not absolutely necessary. You can try just the straight up solutions of baking soda/water vinegar/water first to see if it improves. If so, I definitely suggest finding some essential oil. My home made mix is green tea, a teaspoon of lemon juice, baking soda, rosemary oil and water. My 'conditioner' is coconut vinegar, water, 1 stick of cinnamon (careful with this if you have sensitive skin) and 1 low-grade vanilla bean (the cheap ones. It and the cinnamon are only there because it makes my hair smell good. Vinegar scents do go away when your hair is dry, so no need to worry about smelling like a salad all day).
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 1:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• if it were me I would look into wigs, they have super cute wigs on etsy!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:35 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I wish I had an answer for you, but here's a bump
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Hats.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I´d look into an integration type of wig. Your hair is blended through the wig and then you have to go get adjustments on it (every month or 6 wks). Very natural looking and not fake looking like wigs are. Not cheap though. My great aunt had one.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:50 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• a hat or a wig?
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:28 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• hair pieces and my brother used rogaine when he was thinning, it helped for him. I saw in the pharmacy that they have it for women.
    KateMc

Answer by KateMc at 1:45 PM on Dec. 25, 2010

• well mine is thin in the middle due to a bad hair stylist so I have braids and I make sure I keep the middled covered lol
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 10:14 PM on Dec. 25, 2010