Do you have any "scrooge's" in your family?

Who are they?DH and FIL are both bah humbug!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• DH
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 1:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We don't celebrate Christmas. But in general, when it comes to any type of giving - Chanuka or birthdays - MIL, SIL and my mom. SIL actually whined that my kids had more toys than she did growing up (and she was 40 at the time!) Sad, sad, sad.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't have any scrooges in my family, but my uncle can be extreamly rediculous. He likes to be center of attention during th holidays. He will pick one person to buy a gift for every year and set it way over the top to where the person cries. He feeds off it and makes everyone else feel awful because no one can compare money wise to him. Its pretty messed up.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• well this year it is me! i am trying hard but it is hard! I will do better tomorrow....I promise!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:40 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My aunt
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• me, I am working on it, but I really cannot wait for it to be over, so I can go back home and relax w/my cramps..merry Christmas to me
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:52 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• i have to say this year its been my own mother......she refused to put up the xmas tree, she made my dad go shopping alone for xmas gifts for the kids and told my sister she wasn't staying long for xmas lunch (we are all have xmas at my sisters) she is in a wierd mood this year ......i might talk to her after the holidays because she never like this.......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• cara124. I wonder if she is going through Menapause? Has she been through a death or something happened to her lately? May be time for that check up with the Dr. Especially since you say she's never been this way before. Just a thought...

In answer to the question: My brother in law was. He brought home some flowers to my sister and told her he got them off a grave. He's pretty bad all year around. When he found out she was dying, he took out an extra insurance. Then he divorced her and married someone else the day it was final. She died three weeks ago. He got all this money and wouldn't even help the children pay for her memorial service since he never let her work, she had no money. Don't know why I'm saying all this except, that some of us real do have it better than we think we do!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 6:07 PM on Dec. 24, 2010