It has been so many many year but it stll makes me angry...

Years ago by bf slept with my then husband, we divorced and they married. We had 2 kids together and ever since they have been treated as though they are second class citizens. It makes me so angry! Now one of our boys needs some help, I have done everything I can but it is not enough ($) my X completely turns his back and tells him he needs to change. This young man works so very hard and has hit a hard spot. How can any parent just shut out a child and treat them so coldly? I have since remarried to a wonderful man, we have a good life but it still gets under my skin. Most of the time I do feel like I have moved on, it is just when one of the kids tells me what their father says or does or does not do.

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 1:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• how dare he do this , i wish you peace
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Sounds like a bad situation. When I divorced my X, I promised myself I would never talk about him in a negative way around my kids. I asked him to do the same, and not use the kids as a sounding board between the two of us. Its not fair to the child to have to "report" things to the other parent. Remember, you divorced each other, you didnt divorce the children from the other parent.
    Rosemirrors

Answer by Rosemirrors at 3:57 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I AM SO SO SO VERY SORRY you had to live through this. What a horrible thing to have to go through. Not only losing your husband but your best friend as well. They are both people you don't want in your life anyhow. I wish you the best of luck!!! Hopefully one day you will find the man of your dreams that treat your children they way the deserve as well as you!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Like most moms, it doesn't matter what they do to you, but mess with your kids and watch out! Sorry your going through this.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:56 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I know the feeling, kids seem to hold in all the emotions, i wish you the best. Been there and done that.
    CAPONES

Answer by CAPONES at 2:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• just rember you love your kids no matter what and thats what the kids will rember YOU loving them....and thier dad blowing them off.....sorry your dealing with it at a time of year thats suppose to be about joy......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Let the kids know that you don't want to hear anything negative about their dad.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2010