Do you believe in feng shui? If you change the arrangement of your house or surroundings, that it can make changes for the positive?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 1:36 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Kind of. I don't know if I believe in the "power" of it or whatever, but I definitely feel better, or more comfortable, in a room when I arrange the furniture a certain way.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:38 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I agree with Jessica. I frearranged my room and I feel so much better.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 1:40 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't really believe in the power of it, but I do believe that it's general style of arranging things and completely decluttering are very beneficial.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• lol..no..a while ago, my BANK had all this feng shui advice over the phone..like when ya call, and youre put on hold..usually music plays..wellll not anymore..it was all about re-arranging stuff..and it told me to move my kitchen garbage can over 18 inches..lol..welllll if i do that..its in the middle of my kitchen floor!! I DONT THINK SO!!!! lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Yes I believe in it even though I haven't personally tried it yet but I will in the new year I need all of the positiveness I can get.
    wwjd2007

Answer by wwjd2007 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• To a point. I'm more a believer in color schemes than furniture/accessory placement. Although an uninterrupted path of travel through a room can make your home appear larger, less cluttered and therefore less overwhelming. I find when I have to "side step" over or around things, it feels kind of stressful. Also paint pallets should be complimentary where rooms adjoin each other. And the color of the room/scheme should reflect the feeling you are trying to invoke. Like a bedroom should be a soothing color, bathrooms should be a "clean" color, dining rooms and living rooms should be relaxing.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:51 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Nah, I think the good karma comes from with in.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• No I don't but I do enjoy with some things just making you feel happier, as in a beautiful green meadow with blue sky makes me feel happier than a beautiful green meadow with grey sky, so in my house I don't paint it grey I paint beautiful neutral blues. Also anything dirty I hate looking at so I like whites and creams, things that look clean.

Another thing I believe makes people happier is daylight so I make sure the rooms in our house are bright and airy with squishy chairs, for that lovely homely feel...
    Anonymous