Have anyone seen the north star

Does the north star exist

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes there is a north star....you should have learned about this in school....why do you have it under religion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Yes. It's also called Polaris, Polar, and Polestar. You can use the Big Dipper to find it. >> http://www.athropolis.com/arctic-facts/fact-polaris.htm

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Yes it exists.  Up until technology made it simple, the North star was used for navigation at night time.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Up until technology made it simple, the North star was used for navigation at night time.

Which was probably quite frustrating before they figured out the universe wasn't static and rotating around the Earth...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Um, yeah. I'm guessing you didn't pay attention in science class back in elementary school. Handle of the Big Dipper? Ring any bells?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound mean but COME ON!! This surely cannot be a serious question!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:16 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• It's the tip of Little Bear's tail. 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Polaris is in Ursa Minor.(Little Dipper) . As others have said it is the tip of the "handle" thoguh you can use the last two stars in the "bowl" of the big dipper to find it. And YES on a clear night I can see it. As well as Orion.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Why are some of you thinking this is a dumb question? It is a good question and I believe it is a serious. Its in the religious section because most commonly the North Star is mentioned in the bible.. the one the three wise men followed. :-)

Anyway I did not realise the big dipper and little bear were the same constellation... learn something new and yes I took astronomy and do not remember this being mentioned!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Yes.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 4:29 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Yes I have. It's been awhile though.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:09 PM on Dec. 24, 2010