How can I tame my crazy ine year old?

My one year old baby, Leland, is abosulutey crazy; climbing, breaking stuff, he actully took apart his air condishioner by hand.....help!!!

DeaLeasmom58

Asked by DeaLeasmom58 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• THE ONLY SUGGESTION I HAVE IS TO REALLY KEEP YOUR EYE ON HIM AND WHEN HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS GONNA GET INTO SOMETHING DISTRACT HIM.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Try to wear him out. Play with him. Take him to visit with other kids, to the park, the library, etc. Give him toys to take apart and put back together. Give him "tasks" (my daughter just started to pretend clean things--maybe something like that).
    LsMamaL

Answer by LsMamaL at 10:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I agree with LsMama, keep him as busy as possible. Some little boys are just super active, you should roll with it. Getting overly frustrated and calling him crazy doesn't help the situation. Kids can tell when you have negative feelings about them and ultimately, it will prove to be counter-productive.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Thank you for your resopnces, my only qualm is with the 3rd respnce....I do not intend this question to be negitive to my son, I say crazy in good humor; he is an awsome child, he is just over cerious, and I as for helpful commets, not degrateing commets about a word.
    DeaLeasmom58

Answer by DeaLeasmom58 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2008