Can someone please help me here I dont want to have to go to the er for this. adult content

Is a think white discharge normal when your pregnant? Im starting to worry that i might have an infection and the office is closed for a few days and I dont want to have to sit in the ER...I never paied attention to it before...its not like i itch down there or it smells its just a thick discharge...Please help I dont want to have to go to the er because of something thats normal....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This sounds like an infection and is not normal you should go to the doctor.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My guess is that this is your first pregnancy... I would ask how many months are you...There is a thick white blood tinged mucous (mucous plug can also be pink) that is the precursor to going into labor...
    dreamingmind

Answer by dreamingmind at 4:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I forgot about that, how pregnant are you?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• It depends on how much is coming out, the farther you get along in your pregnancy the more discharge you have, so it could be normal but it might mean an infection...
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My discharge changes a lot while I am pregnant. I have a discharge to begin with that is white and kinda creamy that I have been to the doctors about over and over when I was younger. When I am pregnant it thickens. I have also had very mucousy discharge with my last two pregnancies. It wasnt constant and would happen infrequently. I went to the er about it the first time it happened thinking it was my mucus plug but it wasnt. It was just cervical mucous and is completely normal. If you feel at all uneasy that I would call. YOur Docors office should have an afterhours number or hotline to call. If not I would call labor and delivery at the hospital your doctor attends. May God ease your mind! *hugs*
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 5:20 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I had white creamy discharge when i was preggo and my doctor told me it was very normal and to wear a pantie liner at all times. That what it sounds like to me. I think you should do as Mamacass said call labor and delievey or call the doctors office and let them know what is going on. It sounds like the same thing i worried myself to pieces about. It turned out very normal, although it did get worse after i had my DD for the first year.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:38 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• i have the same thing going on, ans many others on here i am sure u are fine. i am 31 weeks and its starting to get a little worse
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2010