Are you going to your inlaws' for the holidays?

I do not care for my in laws, so I will not be joining my DH and our kids at my SIL's house. DH and I are fine with the arrangement. I was just curious if other people stayed home and avoided it all together. If you don't like/agree with/care to see your in laws, are you still going to their houses just because it's Christmas?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• luck for me i dont have any in laws (because of divorce) but i will be going to my sisters and have to deal with her in laws ,,,,,which i think is worse then dealing with your own......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• No we are staying home this year because we dont have the money to get to either of our parents houses.... But we would suck it up and go if one of us did not like one of the inlaws...Just so that we were together as a family....I could care less if his family was there or if my side of the family was there as long as there was my son my husband and myself I am happy. I couldnt imagine not being with my little family on christmas.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• ever since i was 2 i have gone to my grandmas for christmas, i am now 28 and the past 2 years we have stayed home, my grandma has severe dimentia, so i took over her tradition to pass on to my kids, it is and 8 hour drive with 2 kids who are now 3 and 4 so we use to make the drive when they were very little. i get along with my in laws except for my husbands brother but i dont think he knows i dont like him I make it work though, family is so important.
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• yes, and I am dreading it because we don't speak the same languages.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 3:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We will be getting togather on the 25th this year. I dont have a problem with his family. I get along well enuff with them.
    augest1

Answer by augest1 at 3:49 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I get along well with my inlaws
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 3:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Yes, we will be going. I get along great with my in laws.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 7:49 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My ex inlaws from my 1st marriage are coming over tonight . funny we get along so well. however dhs mother now hates me. lol
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My MIL is coming to me. Kind of hard to go there when she (and my parents) lives clear across the country.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2010