For those who had a hard time ttc or are still ttc

How did you get your husband (if you did or were able to) to go get tested for his little guys. Is been a really long time now, so something isn't right somewhere. He wants kids but won't even go to the doctor to have a normal exam, let along have someone telling him the motility of his swimmers. Any ideas other than, you just have to because obviously our other plans aren't working....?

Pumelo

Asked by Pumelo at 2:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You can buy a test for home use. That's what we did as the first step toward figuring out why we weren't getting pregnant. It tests motility by requiring sperm to travel uphill-- then testing to see if there are enough to meet a threshold amoutn that will trigger the test to change color-- kinda like the pregnancy test. Having the at home test made it private, less invasive, etc. for him.

It turned out he was fine, and so was I -- we were just taking longer than the 1 year typically used to define the period for infertility. However, we finally did go to the doctor to get formal tests. He was only willing to provide a sample if I helped... which I did :)

good luck!!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Fantastic! I didn't know there was an option for at home testing....so much easier! Guess I will have to go find one! Thanks!
    Pumelo

Comment by Pumelo (original poster) at 2:49 AM on Dec. 24, 2010