Psoriasis cures?

Any suggestions for someone suffering from psoriasis?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 3:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Health

• aquaphor lotion
    oatmeal bath - make a paste with the powder and put it on your arms or where ever while you are in the bath and let it sit for 5 - 10 min before rinsing it off, its very soothing.
    If you have insurance talk to your doc about stallera. It's NEW. I am on it. It rocks! Topical meds - Olux foam is the best I have come accross. There is something over the counter - skin zinc, that is supposed to be good - but I had an allergic reaction to it on top of the bad break out, it was no good. :/
    Psoriasis sucks. Unfortunatly there is no cure. :/ Good luck!
    *HUGS
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Aquaphor
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If it is really bad then see a dermatologist. There are no cures only treatments. We are not too bad in our house and use Aquaphor and oatmeal baths and when it is bad I also open Vit E gel caps and squeeze it on the spots, occasionally steroid cream. My aunt is severe and goes to a tanning bed weekly and uses steroid cream daily. It is a genetic thing and my aunt and my mother have it (mom not bad though) and I and my daughter have it too. Thankfully the only one really bad is my aunt.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:30 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My friend has awful psoriasis, she goes to a dermatologist regularly and gets a steroid cream. She also was advised by the same doctor to go to a tanning bed - when she goes you can barely tell that she has it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:56 AM on Dec. 24, 2010