is she allergic to orange juice?

Everytime I give my 17 month old orange juice she get such a horrible diaper rash to where she is at times bleeding. Her stool become terribly soft as well. Could she be allergic or is it the citrus in it that maybe her tummy just can't handle? My doctor had told me that orange juice is actually easier on their tummy than apple juice. I always dilute her juice 60 percent water 40 percent juice. What can I do to treat her diaper rash. She screams everytime I apply butt cream no matter the brand. Help.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 3:20 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son got terrible daper rash, they are so young that juice is a luxury to them , stick with water and milk, i put acidophelous in my sons yougurt, of course ask your doctor about this too, and i would use mountain high yogurt because it has probiotics in it, and juice is a natural laxative so by giving them juice you are making them more prone to go poo. dont use wipes use wash cloths and warm soap and water, i would just throw them away when iwas done, its easier on their little booties, and give their little bottoms a break from their diaper, let them cruise around diaperless for an hour or so or until they have an accident, its good to let it air out. good luck and i feel for you and your little one, i have been through it, just watch out for foods that make them poo more, i dont think its an allergy but it is a laxative and a booty irritant
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:46 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• and the white desitin cream made my son scream but when i used and the clear a and d or clear desitin he never did, he literally would screm and shake when i put the white desitin cream on him, every kid is different so maybe yours is senstive to it too, just something to think about, again good luck!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:49 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• It's still high in citric acid. My DD is 18 months and I don't give her OJ yet.

She could be allergic to citric acid. I'd avoid OJ and consult the pedi.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My (adult) friend has the same problem. She can't figure out why it on her butt and nowhere else, but that is just where it shows up. Have you tried different brands of orange juice? My friend just can't drink certain brands of it, but can drink others...maybe trying switching it up.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 3:45 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• bag balm..its for cow utters,but it has been used for many other reasons.and use a wash rag no wipes..baking soda in her bath
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:06 PM on Dec. 25, 2010