i know there has to be some military mommas out here

I need a answer. I have been told yes and no. Can my husband join if he has a charge on his record. He was tried as an teen and is under the hide act.
He wants to go in anything at this point. THANKS A MILLIONS!

srry not sure what to put this under =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• what is the "hide act?"
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 10:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Where no one can see anything on his record. But the military can becuas they have the fbi
    Anonymous

• It all depends on what type of charge it is. For example: Certain domestic violence charges can not be waived because it falls under and certain law that forbids the person convicted of ever owning or carrying a gun...hence why they can not go into military. Most branches have a waiver for everything. Have him call his local recruiter and set up an appt to talk. The recruiter can be very helpful. Best wishes.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• And you are right, the military will see ALL charges regardless of when they happened or even if they have been expunged off your record.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It depends on the branch and on how madly they need people. The restrictions are fluid according to need. At least that's what I have been told.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• yes. he can get a waiver
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• btw...i had a felony on my record as a teen...the army didnt see it hwen i joined cause i was a teen then. and that was a harassment felony (it was a bullshit felony, i didnt do anything0 but i got sentenced guilty and it was put their..........
    so see if they even find it first, they DO NOT find everything. they didnt find mine
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2008