What type of carseat for a 2 year old?

I'm about to be buying a new car seat for my daughter, she just turned 2 at the beginning of December. Should I be buying the "convertible" or the "booster" style?
Also any recommendations for one you like (within $60 - $120 price range) would be appreciated :)

Neelah

Asked by Neelah at 3:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I love my Evenflo convertible i will not buy anything with Cosco on it That brand always has recalls and what not but anyways your 2 yrs old isn't old enough for the booster She need that added support my DD is 2 1/2 yrs old and i have sat her in a booster and she just needed more of the support and my DD is tall for her age. 3ft tall and she weights 32 lbs.
    Hope this helps you out some to guild you in the right direction.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If she is still RF then a convertible seat would be the way to go.... My son rides in a MyRide 65 and an Sunshine Kids Radian... I like them both. The MyRide is about $115
    If she is forward facing I would check out the Evenflo Maestro... you can find it for about $80... it will harness to 50 lbs and then makes a nice booster when she outgrows that. If she is heavy then I would look into the Graco Nautilus.. which will harness to 65 lbs... it cost about $170
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:26 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• You should be buying something with a 5 point harness and age doesn't matter near as much as height and weight. My children were rear facing until about 2 years old and they were then put in a convertible forward facing, but ONLY when they reached the height/weight limit for rear facing. I love the Graco Nautilus since it has the tallest 5 point harness (short of spending 300-400) and average weight limits and then converts to a booster with a back and a backless booster. My 5 year old is still in the 5 point harness on that and my 3 year old is in the Evenflo Triumph, but will soon need to be in something else due to weight. I plan on buying another Nautilus for her.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• If she's still rear facing, which I recommend, get a convertible. If she's forward facing, you can get a convertible or a FF only seat- they have ones that just harness FF, and others that harness FF and then turn into boosters. Tell me more, and your budget, and I can try to recommend a seat.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We have a graco nautilus for dd who's 29 months and we love it. It eventually turns into a booster, but by that time she'll probably have a different seat since we're expecting. They're running about 130 online t walmart. Good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:47 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• you should look into one that fits her age height and weight recommendations... i was looking inot the same thing my dd is 3 and i was looking for those same thing and price range
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 10:49 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My daughter is 2 1/2 years old and still rearfacing in a convertible seat, but we have a Nautilus for when we turn her. They have GREAT reviews. When she reaches 35lbs, I'll turn her. She's going to love this seat when we use it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 25, 2010

• I would recommend getting one that can be used until you are completely done with carseats. I paid about $180 for mine, but I won't ever have to replace it, so it is worth it to me. Also, I recommend one with a cup holder. You will thank yourself for it later. :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 3:43 AM on Dec. 25, 2010