how many presents is too many?? I am beginning to wonder if i went over board. . . . say you have 2 kids ages 4 and 3 the oldest is a boy youngest a girl, whats your present ammount??

emleejanedom

Asked by emleejanedom at 4:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have two so a couple of times we have spent 1000 on each of them they are only young once.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:04 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I usually only buy 3 presents each plus stocking stuffers. I think I bought 5 each, I kept finding good deals.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:22 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I spent around $100 on my son. I'll probably spend more when he gets older. He also has a birthday early in January so that's a lot of toys to buy at one time!
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 5:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Over doing is not good. How can they appreciate so much. It is for you not them. Especially little ones, they need to be able to enjoy and appreciate what they get. When it is overdone, it loses its beauty and importance.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• At that age I would say 2-4 is good enough. They are little. I didn't even start buying my dd presents until she was about 3 she didn't know she got presents from other people. I never biught her a Santa present until she was almost 3
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:33 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I say it depends on what you can get w/ the $ you are spending on each child. What I can get for my 8 y/o looks like a lot more than I get for the older boys, who get some ca$h, 2 video games & a couple small items. With them being so young- give them 5-6 & set the rest aside for their B-days! :) Besides, they have grandparents or other family members to help spoil them too- right? Merry Christmas!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I get a lot. I wrap everything. Underwear, clothes, shampoo, some toys. It looks like a lot, but really it's things they need.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:51 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• last year we hardly got any and this year i went and got enough so it was from both myself and her grandparents. so she got about 14 items.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We set a dollar limit and buy what we can for each kid with that. This year the limit was $125 for each child. We made a list of what we wanted to get and watched for sales. We got pretty much for that amount. I think they will both be happy.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• A nice size pile for each child. We have 5 and REALLY try to stay even. My oldest was easy this year. All she wanted was clothes (she is 18) so I took her shopping and had her choose everything & then I'll wrap that. I spent about 200.00 on her. So I guess about that on each child. & then we buy a couple " FAMILY ", gifts for everyone to have/use. Like last year we got the WII. This year eccessories and games.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2010