anyone else have a one year old that still wakes up for a bottle? how many times a night?

i just feel like i am the only one with this problem and i just dont know what to do my son will be one in a week and he still wakes up one to two times for a milk bottle....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• My son did for a while... you could either give him a little more milk AT bedtime and/or offer him watered down milk in the middle of the night. OR when he wakes up in the middle of the night, rock him w/o giving him any milk. He'll probably fuss a lot for a couple of nights, but he'll start to realize that you're not going to bring him milk anymore & might stop asking for it.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Mine did. I did two things.
    First, I switched to water in the night. She wasn't happy but didn't fuss and cry very long. That got rid of one of the midnight wakings.
    Then, I ended up just letting her cry. It only took a couple of nights and she started sleeping from bedtime to morning - at last!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I gave mine a snack like 10min b4 they went to bed and a sippy w/ milk in it when they went to sleep. I threw all bottles out at 12 mo.
    butcher

Answer by butcher at 10:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2008