Do you have any special traditions for Christmas Eve?

elasmimi

Asked by elasmimi at 7:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• We open up pj's and read Twas the Night Before Christmas, my dd makes reindeer cards puts names on them all and puts a carrot out for each one we put out cookies and egg nog for Santa and Mrs. Claus,we sprinkle glitter outside so Santa knows which house to come from. We watch a movie get ready for bed. We open up our presents from each other
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• yes, my side of the family goes to church for the candelight service. it's really nice, everyone holds a candle and sings Silent Night and a few others, and the pastor gives a Christmas sermon. but this year, we're spending Eve with his family, over at his great uncle's who serves an enormous slab of meat, cuban sides and such. there will be dancing, drinking, family togetherness. then when we get home tonight, my 4 year old and I will sprinkle "reindeer food" out front, leave Santa's cookies out, and the husband and I will put Santa's gifts and stocking stuffers in after they're asleep :) I'M SO EXCITED!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We get dressed up and go out for dinner. Come home, make a fire and watch "A Christmas Story". Kids go to sleep and we finish wrapping and put everything under the tree.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:52 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• will be spending with my mil all her kids we have done 31yrs
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• First, we put up our lights October 1st. We then put up our Tree Nov. 1st. and of course start bringing down the gifts we've bought during the year to wrap them. On Chistmas Eve we have dinner with friends. Christmas day with family. Merry Christmas and thanks for asking!
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 10:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2010