What to do when you've nevr been in a lesbian relationship and a friend of yours tell you she's having feelings for you?

We're really close. I know she's been with other women before, also guys. But I never figured she'd have a crush on me. I care for her very much and she ... well ... she's darn hot, too. lol ANd I feel good when we're together. I would really really like to give it try, but I don't want to break her heart if it's not going to work out. I'm not sure either if it'd be just an ego-boost for me, because she can be so cute and then I feel like IDK solid as a rock or something. She says it's okay to be curious, everybody started at some point, but I know it's hard on her when a relationship ends. I'm unsure if it's the right thing to do. Told her I needed time to think about it, so we're a little less in touch at the moment.
Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Start with the truth and go from there. I would hate to loose a friendship b/c I pushed at something I was not ready to do.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Be honest with her and tell her what you're thinking. Who knows, maybe she gets in the relationship and it's not what she thought either. You never know what can happen when human emotions are involved.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I say no just cause shes a friend, its the same with girl guy friends, if it don't work out the friendship dies most often. If you want to experiment I say find a different chick 1st. Goodluck to you
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:35 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I agree with kileighsmommie, unless you're absolutely sure it's going to work out never enter a relationship with a friend (Be they man, woman or plant! ) - if it's meant to be you won't have to think about it.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:37 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I'd tell her no if that was me. I would want to perserve the freindship I have already with her and not make it into anything else. If you think that maybe you might be lesbian or bi I would try with someone totally different.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I have a friend that is a lesbian. A few years ago, she said some things that made me a little concerned she thought our friendship was going someplace other than friendship. I told her that I was flattered, but I didn't have those feelings for her, she was like a sister to me. We've remained friends, and its' not uncomfortable.

It's never a good idea to add romance to a friendship unless you are 100% sure it's what you both want. More times than not, you end up losing a valued friendship.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:45 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I'd tell her that I am flattered but that I don't have that kind of feelings about her or any woman.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Be honest and tell her you don't feel the same way, you are not attracted to women like that. If you are flattered, tell her.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I'm up front quickly with men and women who claim to have feelings for me. If it's not going to happen then be honest.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2010