Allergy child??

I took my almost 2 year old son to the clinic yesterday he had upper respiratory and for some reason they didnt give me any medication for him. Anyways, I told the doctor that he gets phemonia easy he told me since he was blonde hair, blue eyes, and pail he would have allergies. When most people get a cold he will get an ear infection and so forth. Is there any truth to this??

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 8:35 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmm idk however my blonds always seem to have more colds then my dark haired kids.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I don't think so. My DD is blond hair, blue eyes and very pale had has had one ear infection in her life. Maybe we are just lucky?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• No, I don't think eye colour etc have anything to do with it... I have brown hair and brown eyes and I used to get ear infections when others got colds etc. I would ask another doctor - that doctor doesn't sound professional.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:40 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Then i'd get another doctor... right now.
    There is no correlation between hair colour and propensity to allergies, or a less responsive immune system. Your doctor is an ass.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 8:42 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I have never heard that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:43 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• he is not my childs normal doctor the doctors office was closed so it was at the clinic and he was an old man so i didnt know if it was just some old wise tell
    his88angel

Comment by his88angel (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My blue-eyed blonds- one gets allergies and asthma, the other doesn't.

Answer by Bmat at 9:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I have never heard that, but it would explain why DS is always sick and DD isn't.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• That's nonsense. My child with the worst allergies is my only brunette. My blonds barely have sniffles.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 3:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• My son has blonde hair and blue eyes also. He is sick all the time but they did allergy screening on him and he has none but he does have asthma and gets sick all the time and now we just found out he has acid reflex. I dont think that this is true it all just depends on the child is what i would say.
    2009mommytobe

Answer by 2009mommytobe at 11:35 AM on Dec. 25, 2010