Anyone make a breakfast casserole for Christmas morning? HAve a recipe?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 8:56 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• french toast muffins........
    make egg batter like you would for french toast
    use a muffin tin
    dip bread in the egg batter then squish in to muffin tin bake 350 till golden brown
    then put cream cheese and fresh berries in the muffin cup that the bread makes its yummy
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Cheese Strata

Bake at 325 F, 1 hour 15 minutes, 6 servings

6 slices white bread
    2 Tbl margarine
    6 slices ¼ inch low fat American cheese
    1 10-oz pkg frozen asparagus cuts, cooked and drained
    2 cups skim milk
    4 slightly beaten eggs
    2 TBs snipped parsley
    2 tsp prepared mustard
    ½ tsp salt
    ¼ -1/2 tsp red pepper sauce
    paprika

1. Spread bread with margarine on one side. Lay 3 slices, spread side up, in 10 X 6 X 1 ½ inch greased baking dish, cutting to fit dish. Top with three slices of cheese, asparagus, cheese, bread (spread sides down.)
    2. Mix remaining ingredients except paprika, pour over bread, sprinkle with paprika, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
    heat oven to 325, bake 1 hr. 15 min.

Answer by Bmat at 8:57 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Bmat - that looks yummy. I might try it. I am making one but haven't decided on a recipe!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:06 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Hubby makes ours, I know he uses white bread, eggs, sausage, onion, green peppers and velvetta, but nothing else. It's one of the few things he likes to cook, so I let him! LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:18 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• HaHa.......one year I made something called ' Christmas Morning Wife Saver'....it was a strata and should have been delicious but wasn't. Don't know how I messed it up! I still think about that,more than 20 years ago.
    ShapeofMyHeart

Answer by ShapeofMyHeart at 9:33 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Flatten out a can of buiscuts on the bottom of a pie pan. Mix up some eggs, like you are going to make scrambled eggs. Make some sausage- whatever king you like and crumble it over the buiscuts. Poor the eggs over sausage and add cheese. Cook at 425 until eggs are done.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I have several. You can take apples, sautee them and add brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt till it melts. Pour this in the bottom of a greased 13X9 pan, and top with a layer of stale sweet bread, like brioche, or croissants, or even wheat bread, but that's not nearly as decadent. Fill the pan with the bread.

Now, make French toast batter... It takes me about six eggs, then 1/2 Cup cream (can use milk, etc) A bit of sugar vanilla, and cinnamon, you can zest an orange in too if you want. Whisk all that together and pour it over the bread. poking and pushing it down as necessary You may have to puncture the bread with a fork, that's ok.

Refrigerate over night. Take out the morning of Christmas for at least a half an hour. Then bake at 400 for 30-45 minutes, until tooth pick inserted in center comes free of crumbs. There maybe some caramel apple goodness on it, that's ok.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:28 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I'm making this- it's super easy, and I can just stick in the oven tomorrow morning.  I love Ellie Krieger recipes!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:36 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I had this recipe for a french toast casserole but I can not find my cook book now. It seemed like bread pudding.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:57 AM on Dec. 25, 2010