is the mail running today or is the postal service closed for christmas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• It's running today! Tomorrow they are closed.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Mail today.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I should run today but not tomorrow
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Closed tomorrow, but not today. They only get national holidays and Christmas Eve is not one.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• It's running or so says the sups website. None tomorrow but back on Monday.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 9:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't know. My mail lady brings the mail whatever day she feels like it. We only got mail 2 times last week, because she thought the road was too iced over. I drove on it all week. There is no longer the "Rain SLeet or Snow policy"

Sorry I had to vent a little.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:08 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• We have lazy mail people around here too. One of my friends had a letter to be picked up in her mailbox for over a week, mail carried would walk by every day, but if he didn't have anything to deliver he wouldn't stop. She called the post office and they told her something like "If it's that important we have boxes in the parking lot across the street that are there all the time, if you want it delivered faster put it in there. "
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• They are open today but I heard that most are closing early, like around noon.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:13 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• Mail runs today, but not tomorrow.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2010

• "I wouldn't know. My mail lady brings the mail whatever day she feels like it. We only got mail 2 times last week, because she thought the road was too iced over. I drove on it all week. There is no longer the "Rain SLeet or Snow policy""

Actually, the Post Office doesn't have any official creed or motto. The James Farley Post Office in New York City has the words "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds", but it's a reference to the courier service of the Persian Empire. I think they just thought would look cool.

Regardless, the LLVs should have snow chains, so she shouldn't have any excuse not to deliver your mail anyway. I would bring it up to the supervisor or postmaster over your post office. It is possible that they felt it was too dangerous on your street, but it never hurts to say something. Just don't be mean about it.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2010