How do you drink your tea?

Do you make a large pitcher and then store it in the refrigerator to chill or do you buy and use the individual tea bag and then pour hot water out of the kettle over it and let it steep?

Do you add sugar, milk and cinnamon then chill it for Chai Tea or do you drink it straight up?

SophiasMommie9

Asked by SophiasMommie9 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I grew up in Alabama and we ALWAYS drank sweet tea that we made in a pitcher then put in the fridge to chill.

However, when I met hy husband five years ago, he introduced me to hot tea (he's from new england...they don't have a whole lot of cold sweet tea up there). I LOVE hot tea! I put a sugar cube in mine and stir it with a cinammon stick for a little extra flavor. Sometimes I put vanilla flavoring and a caramel block in it and let it melt...mmmmm.

I love Chai Tea as well!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I alway make a pitcher and put it in the fridge... I tried hot tea with no suger.. I don't see how people drink that..eww
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I make up a large pitcher of tea with some sugar and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 10:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Chai Tea!!!!! Its sooo good :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Hot tea, single bag with honey. Yum!
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 10:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My answer is Yes! LOL I love my sweet tea so I keep a pitcher in the fridge (has to be decaf these days), When I make hot tea sometimes I brew my Turkish tea (it is not in a bag, is loose tea) or will use tea bag. I use Agave syrup or honey to sweeten. Sometimes I add milk. It all depends on my mood.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• sweet tea, in the fridge. usually i'll put the sugar in the pitcher, mix in the hot tea then add ice cubes untill it's nice and cold before i top of with cold water then put in the fridge. i don't know why, but it makes it taste better putting the cubes in asap.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• For sweet tea, I use tea bags in boiled water, sugar and refrigerate. But I usually have mine straight up. I like to mix my green tea with oolong.
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I put a chamomile tea bag in a coffee cup and add water to about a half inch from the top and put in the microwave for and min and a half. I then let it sit in the water for 5 to 10 min. I take the tea bag out and add lemon juice and honey. I am drinking some right now. It is very very good, especially since I am sick.

dddd2776

Answer by dddd2776 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I put water in a coffee mug then put it in the microwave until it boils. Then I add the tea bag and let it steep for as long as I'm drinking it. I usually don't finish a whole cup, so I put it in the fridge and add more hot water and sometimes another bag the next morning.
    LsMamaL

Answer by LsMamaL at 11:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2008